Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thinking Late


I want to teach people how to dream. I want to learn how to dream myself.

I despise realism, childhood vanquished.
Yet loathe idealism, hiding in impossibility.

I want to think life is perfect, or could be perfect someday, if we all just try hard enough. But I don't. Life for us is getting through it. Emotional survival. We are not the daughters of kings, nor the sons of gods. We struggle not to feed ourselves, but to find happiness and purpose. Those enigmatic concepts touching so few.
The age of heroes is past, if it ever existed outside of history books I shall never know. What fairy tales will take place in our time, during the modern era of the future? No good ones. Technology is vanquishing the possibiliy of magic.
Unfortunate, really.

1 Comments:

At 3:41 AM, Blogger Aina said...

That's such a wistful picture - and a wistful sentiment. I like the butterflies the best.
Love you honey.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home