Sunday, February 11, 2007

Depression


How come being depressed is so draining? You don't really feel like doing anything, so you're not really exerting yourself. Yet you are perpetually tired.

I wish summer would come. My body is missing the sunshine-induced happy-chemical-boosters. I'm thinking I want to move so bad in part because I hate the winter these days, not having my dad haul us out to ski or snowboard or go up north or build snow castles or snowmobile. Without winter sports, winter is merely a large pain.

Maybe with spring around the corner, I'll have a new outlook on life also on it's way that isn't quite so dreary.
Yep. It isn't me going crazy and anxious because there are things I can't fix in my life. There will always be things I can't fix, moving away doesn't fix anything, as I am, contrary to popular belief, perfectly aware of. I think, honestly, it's just the winter.

I'm going to a tanning booth later this week for ten or fifteen minutes. Maybe the UV light will do something positive. I just hate cancer boxes and I hate tan people. But not as much as I hate being sad and depressed and drained all the time.

I'll let you know if it does anything. Is this what is called taking one for the team?

1 Comments:

At 12:46 AM, Blogger Rae said...

Yeah, like my emo kid?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home